Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alright Mr DeMille, I'm Ready For My Closeup...




"Oh back to school... I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight. I hope I don't get in a fight."

So Monday saw the return of my University days and I'm pretty much squirming about some of the major works that I'm expected to have completed by the 1st of June.

Amongst other things, I have to make two short films. I am absolutely excited *slash* scared shitless! So much so, that I've already come up with a few ideas.

I wanted my feature documentary to focus on something that I would have access to but is still somewhat underground. What instantly came to mind was the hobby my eldest brother spends an insane amount of time indulging in; Flatland.

After making the curious discovery many years ago, Ben (seen in the video), has devoted his time to riding and perfecting his moves, entering in Tournaments and buying expensive parts as he relentlessly modified his bikes (and covered his bedroom floor with specially imported titanium whats-it's and do-dads in the process).

He was able to meet a group of likeminded riders from flatland forums who come from all over the world, proving that, despite it's ability to leave most people wondering, is a lifestyle very much alive and well, steadily climbing in popularity and novelty.

Still, the criteria for these works are yet to be revealed. And who knows? Maybe this idea will have to be pushed to the side if it's too ambitious. But for now, I've already begun storyboarding, constructing interviews, camera set ups and compiling tracklists.

Kanya tell I'm excited?!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online