Monday, June 7, 2010

Power On



Walking down two flights of stairs after running 40minutes on the treadmill is a victory within itself. Yay, me. I'm making use of all the elaborate machines mum has moved into the garage after transforming it into a private gym. Agnes Deyn legs, you will be mine.


In the meantime, while my muscles heal, I threw on The Family Stone and cringed and giggled for 90minutes as Meredith (Sarah Jessica Parker), an uptight business woman is introduced to her boyfriend's loud and eccentric family during their visit for Christmas. To be honest, I was not expecting a masterpiece by any means. I will always see SJP as her iconic role of Carrie Bradshaw so I was curious to see how well she could disconnect herself from that character and exercise her true acting abilities. I was impressed. Meredith is nervous, birdlike and self conscious and the dazzling cast consisting of Luke Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Claire Danes and Diane Keaton bought vibrancy and compassion to the screen. The ending had me a little unsure but then I remembered that life is nothing like the fairytales we're exposed to as children so it was nice to see some more experimentation occuring. For what it's worth, give it a whirl.


Film Count: 69 out of 365

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Derek Armstrong said...

Yeah, I liked this one too. Where have you gone off to?

April Skye said...

Whatever do you mean Vance? I am right here! Every day :)

I hope you'll excuse the delay on my posts ~ no sooner has uni ended for the semester that I've been busier than ever with working full time and writing on the side :)
But i assure you, and everyone else, getting up to date with my entries is very important to me! :)
I hope you'll keep reading along!

April Skye xx

Derek Armstrong said...

I guess I'm just noticing that there is a discrepancy between the real world date and the dates of your posts. So, if it's been a couple weeks since I've caught up on your blog (guilty!), I see only the date and think you've disappeared. Now I know better!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online