Wednesday, April 14, 2010

i want a silk robe of my own








I almost fell asleep watching Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, but that was no fault of the film! Infact, I adored this so much I forced my eyes to stay open! It stars Frances McDormand (Almost Famous, Burn After Reading) but it was flouncy Amy Adams who stole the show. She's just the cutest! The theatrical, eccentric pace of the film coupled with the enchanting set design and sweet costumes was a visual delight and the story whimsical. I'm drawn to anything of the war time era, when glamour was as crisp and pristine as it was a rare indulgence.

Film Count: 13 out of 365


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Margaret said...

love that film :D :D
thanks for the super sweet comment! and the hype :) xx

Jessica said...

i just recently watched that- the outfits are darling in that movie! <3

http://aberrantmoda.blogspot.com/

Jessie said...

I really want to see it!

xx
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

April Skye said...

Well we girls think you should, Jessie! Amy is so infectious in her flighty ways :)
Oh and those chandeliers! *swoon*

April Skye xx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online