Monday, May 3, 2010

Roll On





Today I hired out camera equipment to shoot a short film project for uni and I am rather excited. If only this were mine, I think I would probably be glued to it constantly, filming everything I came across and smudging my eyemakeup so I would probably end up looking like Alex out of A Clockwork Orange.


We all have those films that we've been telling ourselves we must watch but never really get around to seeing, don't we? Atonement was one of mine. I am thinking it was purely because it starred Kiera Knightly. I can't put my finger on it but she rubs me the wrong way and I avoid her where I can. Which is such a shame because I really wish I had seen this earlier. Great story, I was held to the very bittersweet finale which I couldn't imagine a better ending. Oh and featuring Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones) was a lovely choice. Those inquisitive eyes watching every move were a fine compliment to the character of Briony. What struck me in this film was the sound design which was I thought was very experiemental. Who could forget that regimental clacking of the typewriter whenever Briony Tallis embarked on another mission to stomp around the family mansion?

Film Count: 32 out of 365



Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Mandy said...

i do like Atonement but i dont really like kiera knightly her mouth bugs me. i know that weird! but atonement has a great start with the sound of the type write that turns into a tune waiting fo what going to happen.

Ricky said...

I don't like her either but check out The Jacket, she is excellent in that.

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Oh you look so great on that image with the camera...congrats and good luck with the short film project...

PS: LOL, I have exactly the same "relationship" with Kiera Knightly :-)

Hope your week is lovely so far...

Cheers: Evi

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online