Thursday, May 27, 2010

Smooth Move








I spent the majority of today packing the last 12months of my life into boxes and bags to move back to my hometown to help out with my family's businesses. It will be so strange to be there again as its been quite a while. I feel so disconnected from the town and the people in it so it will be a weird sensation to return. But, no matter where you are in the world, you can almost always find some great films to hunt down and escape to.


Today I watched Intermission which is an Irish film made in 2003 that I believe is truly underrated. It's well written with colliding narratives and eccentric characters all flawed in their own dysfunctional, beautiful way. Colin Farrell and Cillian Murphy (those eyes!) star in this flick that's punctuated by Colm Meaney, playing Jerry, the brutal hard-as-nails cop. The characters lives all endure a painful upheaval in the way of love, life and crime. Their stories mesh seamlessly and centres around the marvels of ordinary life. I enjoy it everytime I see it so I hope you do too!





Film Count: 58 out of 365


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online